Monday, June 24, 2013

Running With Scissors Pt. 1

Original photo by Steve
RWS is a serial fantasy story that posts every Monday following Danielle, a regular girl stuck in an irregular world where unicorns serve as judge and jury, gnomes have infested the south district, and a minor god reports the weather on the nightly news. 

See the whole list of blogs here.

--//--

Part 1

Hi there. How's your new year going? Me? I'm stuck under this infernal dragon guard for the foreseeable future because my well-meaning best friend had to open her big toothy mouth. Though, I guess it's not that bad here; I get fed, no one is trying to kill me, the bed could be better but I've slept on worse. I can't cure the dragon queen, though, and they're convinced I'm lying. Dragons are not as cool as you'd think. Sure they look awesome with their spikes and scales, but they'll accuse you of treachery and conspiracy at the drop of a hat. Everyone is out to get them. It gets old quickly.

Meanwhile, my well-intentioned only hope is running around the city trying to find my dog who teleported out of the apartment (again
). He could be miles away for all I know. And good riddance. That mutt deserves a night on the street since turning my red pumps into a chew toy.

Something needs to happen, though. Tomorrow is Monday and I have a job interview downtown at nine in the morning. If I don't make it, someone else is going to be paying rent for my apartment and I don't have time to move all my shit.

My name is Danielle. My best friend is a gargoyle and my dog has a faerie infection. Happy freaking New Year.

Part 2 or All Chapters

--//--

Support Running With Scissors on Patreon for exclusive coupons and advanced notice of published stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment